Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Koh Rong

Posted by Tennouji on 3/12/2007 at 18:55

I've seen some beautiful pictures of the beach on Koh Rong and read a couple of blogs describing sleeping on the beach etc. These reports also mentioned accommodation was in the pipe-line, but there doesn't seem to be any or any easy way of getting there.

How far away is it from Koh S'dach and would I be able to get there as part of a day trip from that island or is it too far away?

Thanks if any one can help me out.

#1 Tennouji has been a member since 22/9/2007. Location: Japan. Posts: 129

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/12/2007 at 15:03 admin

While the ferry from Ko S'dach passes by Ko Rong, it does so in the distance. As far as I know you'd need to arrange a boat there from Sihanoukville. I've heard there are regular boats out to it from there, but I can't help on pricing nor frequency.

Sorry can't be of more help, as I've not been to the island myself, but from what I've heard it is beautiful.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Tennouji on 4/12/2007 at 17:36

Thanks.

That sounds promising. I'm surprised that someone hasn't opeded up a little beach hut place by now, I guess that means there are some "grand" plans for it in the future.

Does anyone have any info about boats from Sihanoukville?

Rebecca

#3 Tennouji has been a member since 22/9/2007. Location: Japan. Posts: 129

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.