Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Koh Rong

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan
    Total reviews: 20

I've seen some beautiful pictures of the beach on Koh Rong and read a couple of blogs describing sleeping on the beach etc. These reports also mentioned accommodation was in the pipe-line, but there doesn't seem to be any or any easy way of getting there.

How far away is it from Koh S'dach and would I be able to get there as part of a day trip from that island or is it too far away?

Thanks if any one can help me out.

#1 Posted: 3/12/2007 - 18:55

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

While the ferry from Ko S'dach passes by Ko Rong, it does so in the distance. As far as I know you'd need to arrange a boat there from Sihanoukville. I've heard there are regular boats out to it from there, but I can't help on pricing nor frequency.

Sorry can't be of more help, as I've not been to the island myself, but from what I've heard it is beautiful.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2007 - 15:03

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan
    Total reviews: 20

Thanks.

That sounds promising. I'm surprised that someone hasn't opeded up a little beach hut place by now, I guess that means there are some "grand" plans for it in the future.

Does anyone have any info about boats from Sihanoukville?

Rebecca

#3 Posted: 4/12/2007 - 17:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.