Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Ok folks, I need your advice

• DTQ

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Heading from Vietnam to Malaysia. I have one free day. I am going to spend it in Cambodia. I am going to fly in somewhere, spend a day and night, and fly out.

Should I spend that day in Siem Reap or Phnom Penh?

Another traveler I met on my trip through SE Asia said that Angkor Wats was the highlight of his trip, but I almost feel like if I can only go one place in Cambodia, it should be Phnom Penh.

So forgetting cost and airline schedules and all of that (hopefully I can figure that out later), if you could only spend one day in Cambodia, which of those two destinations-or am I leaving out something entirely-would it be?

Thanks for your help.

#1 Posted: 14/12/2007 - 20:20

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi DTQ,

My vote would be for Siem Reap. Aim to be on a flight that arrives there by around 3pm, go check in to some guesthouse, then head straight to Angkor to buy a one-day pass. The pass is valid for the next day, but you'll also be allowed into the part after 4pm the day you arrive, so you effectively get 1.5 days (not that is matters as you're leaving the next day anyway). That afternoon go check out a couple of ruins and grab sunset, then Siem Reap for the evening. Next morning, drag yourself outa bed real early... like 5am early... and get out there again for dawn. See dawn and a couple more temples, then out, checkout, airport, off to Malaysia.

That's my two cents.

Don't forget to grab a copy of our Siem Reap guide while you're at it!

#2 Posted: 14/12/2007 - 21:15

• pencilmein

Joined Travelfish
    12th December, 2007

siem reap for sure.go and see the temples duing the day than take the sunset tour of tonle sap lake..

#3 Posted: 15/12/2007 - 16:07

• steveatkins

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2007

Big shame you are only going to be in Cambodia for a day, but as that's the case you almost have to go to see the Angkor temples...

#4 Posted: 23/12/2007 - 16:10

• rocketgirl

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

My vote goes to Angkor too, it was the best thing I saw in Cambodia and definitely one of the main highlights of my entire 6 month, round South East Asia trip!!

#5 Posted: 27/12/2007 - 09:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.