Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

New Years Eve in Siem Reap

Posted by bucksfizz on 20/12/2007 at 23:33

Does anyone know if there are any special New Years Eve events in Siem Reap/Angkor Wat this year? We arrive there on 29 Dec and would like to reserve somewhere if possible to celebrate the New Year.

#1 bucksfizz has been a member since 16/11/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by pencilmein on 21/12/2007 at 04:57

there is a new years eve party on the tara riverboat on the tonle sap lake in siem reap.they have limited numbers so better hurry if you want to book,anyway it includes free pick up from town and return ,DJ,countdown activities,fireworks,finger food and complementary drink on arrival,at $20 per person,the number of people this year is restricted to just 208,should be a great night,i am going,oh and the bars have special drink prices on the night,$1 drinks all night..there website is www.taraboat.com

#2 pencilmein has been a member since 12/12/2007. Posts: 7

Posted by bucksfizz on 23/12/2007 at 00:12

Many thanks I have now booked with Taraboat. It looks good!

#3 bucksfizz has been a member since 16/11/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by pencilmein on 24/12/2007 at 07:16

no problems,should be a good night.at least it wont be crowded like some other places in town.and being on a riverboat is not a bad way to see in the new year.anyway i will see you there ,happy new year////

#4 pencilmein has been a member since 12/12/2007. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.