Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Week In Cambodia/Week in Vietnam

Posted by simonb9 on 17/1/2008 at 04:03

Going to Asia for 4 weeks, week in north Thailand then want to go to Cambodia for another week (Siem Reap, Phonm Penh) then south Vietnam for another before going back to Thailand for the last week (a friend lives in Pattaya.

Theres seems to be so much to see and do and i'm just wondering whether I should spend the two middle weeks in Cambodia and not go to Vietnam ? Would a week going through Cambodia be rushing it ?? (day travel to Siem Reap, three days there, day travel to Phonm Penh, two days there and then onto Saigon).

As this is my first trip to this area I don't mind if it is just a 'taster' as I feel I will be coming back for more later !!

Any advice appreciated.

#1 simonb9 has been a member since 17/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/1/2008 at 06:06 admin

Hi Simon,

With a week in Southern Vietnam, you're realistically only going to have time to hang out in Saigon and explore a bit of the Delta. You can go overland from Phnom Penh to Saigon via the Delta -- eg boat to Chau Soc, then Can Tho, My Tho and HCM then fly back to Thailand. That would easily fill a week.

A week in Cambodia will let you see the highlights (Angkor and Phnom Penh) with a second week, you could either head to the coast or into the north of the country -- I'd say one or the other, but not both.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.