Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

best route to see Preah Vihar?

Posted by sayadian on 17/1/2008 at 23:31

Hi,I would like to visit Preah vihar from the Cambodian side in February.I have been there before coming from Thailand and think it is one of the most impressive temple sites I have seen.Can anybody help me on the best way/method to get there.Maybe I can hire a Motorbike nearby? Also does anyone have experience of the road from Ban Lung to Sen Monorom, again would like to bike it. Thanks in advance, Ian

#1 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2008 at 09:12 admin

Hi Ian,

We've a story about the Ban Lung to Sen Monorom trip by motorbike here. It's a great trip but worth doing it with a guide as the "trail" is often close to non-existent.

The best route to Preah Vihear on the Cambodian side is by motorbike from Anlong Veng. In AV you could probably hire a bike (with driver) for the trip.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sayadian on 18/1/2008 at 16:15

much obliged for your help somtam2000 (by the way does the Thai pen name have any significance?)

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.