Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Where To Stay In Sihanoukville & Kep?

• capulet85

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Hi,

I'm making a loop out of Phnom Penh and planning to go to Sihanoukville and Kep for about 5 days, and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for places to stay in those spots, and if they're worth spending two nights at each??

This is the approximate plan:

Day 1: Arrive in PP
    Day 2: PP
    Day 3: Pp to Kep (bus)
    Day 4: Kep
    Day 5 Kep to Sihanoukville (bus)
    Day 6: Sihanoukville
    Day 7: Sihanoukville back to PP (bus)
    Day 8: PP to Siem Reap (bus)
    Day 9: SR
    Day 10: SR
    Day 11: SR
    Day 12: Depart SR (plane)

Would appreciate any suggestions or advise, thanks!

JG.

#1 Posted: 20/1/2008 - 12:15

• Advertisement

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

Kep is very small. One day is def enough to soak in the atmosphere, visit the seafood market, eat amazing seafood and catch a beautiful sunset! Spend two nights in Sihanoukville. The beach is beautiful. We stayed at Cloud 9 on Serendipity Beach. The bungalows were on a hill overlooking the beach and you get a lovely sea breeze. You can simply pass time chilling on a hammock on the bungalow's balcony and catching a sunset. Also, we did a day trip to Ream National Park, which is a nice option if you're not a beach bum.

#2 Posted: 21/1/2008 - 05:30

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

Link for reviews of Cloud 9, Sihanoukville. The prices are slightly higher than the rates which Lonely Planet
    says. We stayed in a triple bed bungalow with cold water, fan for $12USD per night in low season (June)

Profile on Travelfish

#3 Posted: 21/1/2008 - 05:34

• capulet85

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Hello,

Thanks for the tips for Sihanoukville, noodle lady. Appreciate it. :o)

JG.

#4 Posted: 22/1/2008 - 11:43

• juanmis

Joined Travelfish
    8th September, 2010

hi mate,
    Kep is def a nice place but really really quiet.. one night there for my opinion is enough.I suggest you to spend few more days in Sihanoukville and in Siam Reap.there is also a bus connection between the two cities and don't need to stop in Phnom Penh for the night.
    Juan

#5 Posted: 28/9/2010 - 08:48

• capulet85

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Thanks all for the tips! I made the trip to Cambodia over 2.5 years ago now, and it was lovely. Kep was definitely quiet back then but I appreciated the serenity of just sitting by the beach and watching the sunset, and riding my bike around during the day. I stayed at Veranda Natural Resort which was quaint and rustic.

#6 Posted: 28/9/2010 - 09:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.