Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Where To Stay In Sihanoukville & Kep?

Posted by capulet85 on 20/1/2008 at 12:15

Hi,

I'm making a loop out of Phnom Penh and planning to go to Sihanoukville and Kep for about 5 days, and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for places to stay in those spots, and if they're worth spending two nights at each??

This is the approximate plan:

Day 1: Arrive in PP
Day 2: PP
Day 3: Pp to Kep (bus)
Day 4: Kep
Day 5 Kep to Sihanoukville (bus)
Day 6: Sihanoukville
Day 7: Sihanoukville back to PP (bus)
Day 8: PP to Siem Reap (bus)
Day 9: SR
Day 10: SR
Day 11: SR
Day 12: Depart SR (plane)

Would appreciate any suggestions or advise, thanks!

JG.

#1 capulet85 has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by rakhee2108 on 21/1/2008 at 05:30

Kep is very small. One day is def enough to soak in the atmosphere, visit the seafood market, eat amazing seafood and catch a beautiful sunset! Spend two nights in Sihanoukville. The beach is beautiful. We stayed at Cloud 9 on Serendipity Beach. The bungalows were on a hill overlooking the beach and you get a lovely sea breeze. You can simply pass time chilling on a hammock on the bungalow's balcony and catching a sunset. Also, we did a day trip to Ream National Park, which is a nice option if you're not a beach bum.

#2 rakhee2108 has been a member since 8/3/2007. Posts: 55

Posted by rakhee2108 on 21/1/2008 at 05:34

Link for reviews of Cloud 9, Sihanoukville. The prices are slightly higher than the rates which Lonely Planet
says. We stayed in a triple bed bungalow with cold water, fan for $12USD per night in low season (June)

Profile on Travelfish

#3 rakhee2108 has been a member since 8/3/2007. Posts: 55

Posted by capulet85 on 22/1/2008 at 11:43

Hello,

Thanks for the tips for Sihanoukville, noodle lady. Appreciate it. :o)

JG.

#4 capulet85 has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by juanmis on 28/9/2010 at 08:48

hi mate,
Kep is def a nice place but really really quiet.. one night there for my opinion is enough.I suggest you to spend few more days in Sihanoukville and in Siam Reap.there is also a bus connection between the two cities and don't need to stop in Phnom Penh for the night.
Juan

#5 juanmis has been a member since 8/9/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by capulet85 on 28/9/2010 at 09:38

Thanks all for the tips! I made the trip to Cambodia over 2.5 years ago now, and it was lovely. Kep was definitely quiet back then but I appreciated the serenity of just sitting by the beach and watching the sunset, and riding my bike around during the day. I stayed at Veranda Natural Resort which was quaint and rustic.

#6 capulet85 has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.