Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

3 Months of Travel

• leegrowler

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2008

Hi

Ive just joined this forum and just wondered if some of you kind people could advise me of which way round to go about starting my trip.

I leave Mid to the end of March and will be purchasing an open ticket to either China (i know its not on here ) or Singapore . Would people recommend travel from China down to Laos,veitnam and finishing off in Malaysia or the other way round ? Hope im making sense.....

I know there are factors as in weather and others..

Thanks in advance

Lee

#1 Posted: 21/1/2008 - 18:11

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey Lee,

I'm not sure that there is any advantage to travelling one direction over the other, so I think I'd research what the weather is typically like in each place during those months and let that help you decide. (See the weather section on the Travelfish web site.) It can be a bit colder in China in March, but then again brutally hot in mainland southeast Asia during April. What type of weather do you prefer?

Also, many people in this forum seem to enjoy saving their chill out beach time until the end of their trip, so if you wanted to do that, perhaps ending up in Singapore would allow you to fully enjoy the islands of southern Thailand and Malaysia towards the end.

Either way, it sounds like you should have fun. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 22/1/2008 - 12:20

• leegrowler

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2008

Thanks for the reply , the weather is a factor and was edging towards China down to Singapore and as you say chill out time in the islands should be well deserved by then.

Will research the weather ....

Aiming to have as much fun as possible ..

Thanks again

Lee

#3 Posted: 22/1/2008 - 16:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.