Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

3 days in phnom penh. done siem reap (2002) - enough temples!

Posted by sashimi_mimi on 22/1/2008 at 12:28

I have three days in PP (7-11 Feb) and appreciate advice on my acommodation and sightseeing options

- I have no clue where I should stay. most guesthouses seem to be available on the dates that i'm travelling, except for the Pavilion.
(i'm now considering, scandinavian hotel, boddhi tree aram and bougainviller hotel.)
I need a swimming pool in a colonial style villa (not a hotel)thats near the action, but not too near that its' noisy.

- is getting around PP easy or should I hire a guide and driver?

- can anyone recommend some nice cafe's and restaurants for local food and is there also a wet market we can visit?

How touristy is PP? at siem reap back in 2002, it was pretty localized still.

any help would be great., thanks.

#1 sashimi_mimi has been a member since 5/11/2004. Posts: 3

Posted by Husko on 22/1/2008 at 13:14

Hi,

- I read somewhere that the Pavillion has opened another hotel around the corner not sure about the pool.
- easy to get around - tuk tuk $12-$15 per day or moto for less. Tuk Tuk comfortable and there will be plenty who would love to show you around. Investigate the sites a that are in PP - palace, killing fields, S21, markets etc. 2 easy days and you should see most things.
- On the riverfront - Kandal house was nice but most other places we ate were OK. Lots to choose from. Local food Restaurant is a bit hard to come by near the riverfront although some stalls at night for food.

Husko

#2 Husko has been a member since 13/10/2007. Posts: 34

Posted by dancingroads on 30/1/2008 at 19:47

try http://www.villalangka.com/ .. it's just opened and in the same spirit of the pavilion and elsewhere...

the Pavilion's new place is http://www.thekabiki.com/ and also has a pool

#3 dancingroads has been a member since 25/6/2006. Posts: 14

Posted by sashimi_mimi on 4/2/2008 at 08:19

thanks!
i'm staying and pavilion and villa langka.

#4 sashimi_mimi has been a member since 5/11/2004. Posts: 3

Posted by sashimi_mimi on 4/2/2008 at 08:19

thanks!
i'm staying and pavilion and villa langka.

#5 sashimi_mimi has been a member since 5/11/2004. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.