Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Phonm Penh Highlights

• simonb9

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2008

I've booked to stay in Siem Reap for 5 days in total so should see most thing when there. After that i'm going down to Phonm Penh, should be there for about 2 1/2 days in total to see the main sites (maybe more). Got another 3/4 days to kill after that before flying out of Phonm Penh.

What should I do with these days ?? Head for the coast or go elsewhere ??

Also does anybody know of any boat trips that go up/down the Mekong Delta from Phonm Penh ??

Regards,

Simon

#1 Posted: 23/1/2008 - 19:14

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Simon,

What time of the year will you be there? If weather good I'd suggest Kep and Kampot for a few days.

There is daily boat service between Phnom Penh and Chau Doc in Vietnam -- that's the most common way to see the Delta (obviously you need to be going to Vietnam!)

#2 Posted: 24/1/2008 - 09:41

• simonb9

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2008

Thanks for the response. I'll be at the very beginning of March. Was thinking about going down into Siagon but don't think i've really got the time to make it worthwhile so was going to stay in Cambodia.

How long does the boat take to get to Chau Doc and can you stay there ??

How long does it take to move onto Saigon and is it by boat again ??

Regards,

Simon

#3 Posted: 25/1/2008 - 03:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mekong Delta Tours from Phonm Penh to Ho Chi Minh??? ... By charlotterussell on 17 Feb 2008 2 6117 25 Feb 2008