Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Phonm Penh Highlights

Posted by simonb9 on 23/1/2008 at 19:14

I've booked to stay in Siem Reap for 5 days in total so should see most thing when there. After that i'm going down to Phonm Penh, should be there for about 2 1/2 days in total to see the main sites (maybe more). Got another 3/4 days to kill after that before flying out of Phonm Penh.

What should I do with these days ?? Head for the coast or go elsewhere ??

Also does anybody know of any boat trips that go up/down the Mekong Delta from Phonm Penh ??

Regards,

Simon

#1 simonb9 has been a member since 17/1/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/1/2008 at 09:41 admin

Hi Simon,

What time of the year will you be there? If weather good I'd suggest Kep and Kampot for a few days.

There is daily boat service between Phnom Penh and Chau Doc in Vietnam -- that's the most common way to see the Delta (obviously you need to be going to Vietnam!)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by simonb9 on 25/1/2008 at 03:50

Thanks for the response. I'll be at the very beginning of March. Was thinking about going down into Siagon but don't think i've really got the time to make it worthwhile so was going to stay in Cambodia.

How long does the boat take to get to Chau Doc and can you stay there ??

How long does it take to move onto Saigon and is it by boat again ??

Regards,

Simon

#3 simonb9 has been a member since 17/1/2008. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.