Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Mekong Delta Tours from Phonm Penh to Ho Chi Minh???

Posted by charlotterussell on 17/2/2008 at 18:40

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi travelfishers!!!

Quick question: We had to change our plans and do Angkor Wat early cos Tet is crazy - does anyone know some companies that a 2 or 3 day mekong delta tour from Phonm Penh to Ho Chi Minh????

There are heaps of tours that go HCM to PP but we need a tour in the opposite direction and am having trouble finding any...

Thanks
Charlotte

#1 charlotterussell has been a member since 1/11/2007. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/2/2008 at 14:56 admin

Any travel agent along the riverside in Phnom Penh will be able to sort you out -- I'd recommend at least the three day tour as the two day one is very rushed apparently.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by llarkin on 25/2/2008 at 21:44

Posted from within Vietnam.

We took a 3 day 2 night trip, which promised a lot, but ended up being quite disappointing. The Cambodia side of the trip was quite good, but at Chau Doc we were shuffled onto a Vietnamese company trip, TNK travel. In Chau Doc, the brochure promised time in the floating villages and fish farms, and a cham village. We did that, but were really rushed and the tour part of the day finished at 8.30am. The rest of the day was travel to Can Tho and our own thing. The next day we joined the group from Vietnam which meant that there were 42 of us with one guide. Hence we heard absolutely nothing the guide had to say. The brochure promised cruising the small canals, which didn't happen, a stop at Vinh Long (which ended up being a drive through), and a visit to the Bonsai gardens at My Tho (a 15 min toilet stop). 2 years ago I did a trip through the Mekong Delta with TNK and it was really fantastic. I couldn't believe it was the same company. They are recommended in the Lonely Planet, so I think they've caught the Lonely Planet syndrome.
The tours offered from Phnom Penh seemed to all be the same, so possibly all with the same company. You can just get the bus-boat trip from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc (which is a great trip) and look for a tour from Chau Doc.

#3 llarkin has been a member since 12/2/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.