Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

should i change my itinery???

• itchyfeet72

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2008

hi all
    leaving for thailand tomorrow for my mainland SEA part of the trip from malaysia
    im intending to go thailand(march) laos(april) cambodia(may) vietnam(june)
    and it seems that im gonna hit the monsoon in cambodia/vietnam,now i realised it would be the case but its just kind of dawned on me that it could be two whole months of rain (not sure i relish the prospect)can anyone suggest a better route(less rain) or should i just suck it up and go with my original plans-does anyone have experience of travelling in the region at this time of year-ease of travel and places i should really side step is kind of my main concern

#1 Posted: 2/3/2008 - 19:45

• Advertisement

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

Hi, I was in Cambodia in May 2007 and in Vietnam in June 2007 and it hardly ever rained. I think it rained only four times - each time only for a couple of hours in the afternoon, so it didn't spoil my plans at all. When it started to rain, we just popped into a cafe or returned to our guesthouse until the rain passed and headed out again.

I think the main monsoon season is later - July/August. In May/June, the rain really wasn't a problem and it's prob not worth re-organising your itinerary.

Also, we found that things continue as normal during the monsoon rains in SEA - in Cambodia, Phnom Penh Sorya buses continued to run between towns and cities (safety isn't a big concern!)

#2 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 16:43

• itchyfeet72

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2008

excellent
    thanks for the reassurance-think ill just carry on regardless
    happy days

#3 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 21:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.