Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

should i change my itinery???

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 2/3/2008 at 19:45

hi all
leaving for thailand tomorrow for my mainland SEA part of the trip from malaysia
im intending to go thailand(march) laos(april) cambodia(may) vietnam(june)
and it seems that im gonna hit the monsoon in cambodia/vietnam,now i realised it would be the case but its just kind of dawned on me that it could be two whole months of rain (not sure i relish the prospect)can anyone suggest a better route(less rain) or should i just suck it up and go with my original plans-does anyone have experience of travelling in the region at this time of year-ease of travel and places i should really side step is kind of my main concern

#1 itchyfeet72 has been a member since 2/3/2008. Posts: 11

Posted by rakhee2108 on 6/3/2008 at 16:43

Hi, I was in Cambodia in May 2007 and in Vietnam in June 2007 and it hardly ever rained. I think it rained only four times - each time only for a couple of hours in the afternoon, so it didn't spoil my plans at all. When it started to rain, we just popped into a cafe or returned to our guesthouse until the rain passed and headed out again.

I think the main monsoon season is later - July/August. In May/June, the rain really wasn't a problem and it's prob not worth re-organising your itinerary.

Also, we found that things continue as normal during the monsoon rains in SEA - in Cambodia, Phnom Penh Sorya buses continued to run between towns and cities (safety isn't a big concern!)

#2 rakhee2108 has been a member since 8/3/2007. Posts: 55

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 6/3/2008 at 21:42

excellent
thanks for the reassurance-think ill just carry on regardless
happy days

#3 itchyfeet72 has been a member since 2/3/2008. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.