Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Angkor Wat 3-day pass

• shumium

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

Hi, is it still true that if I purchase my pass after 4pm, I am permitted to enter the park that afternoon for free? Do you know if I can bring my own photo for the 3-day pass or do I have to line up for a photo? I heard rumors saying that there is a long line up at the ticket office - I want to find ways to speed up the process!

#1 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 03:37

• Advertisement

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

Yes, if you buy your ticket after 4pm, you can enter the park that day for free. The park closes early so this will prob give you time to catch sunset.

When we were there in May'07, we had to line up for our photo to be taken. The queues move quickly b/c there are a lot of kiosks. Not sure if it's changed since then...

Finally, I would def recommend the 3day pass, if you have the time.

#2 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 16:27

• JoHe59

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2006

I was there in April '07. At that time you could only get a ticket from just before 5pm, but that might have changed. For my 3 day pass I gave my own photo, no problem.

#3 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 19:14

• annu75

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007
    Location United States

yes you can enter for free after 4pm and yes you can easily get a ticket at the booth, you don't need to have your own photo, it's all digital now. the sunset? hm, i am not sure it's worth it...

i went there in january (high season) and there was no wait, they are perfectly well equipped and prepared for the million tourists. they just ran out of maps, that was it.

be prepared you will see more tourists than ruins...;-)

#4 Posted: 7/3/2008 - 06:37

• shumium

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

Thanks everyone. One more question - do they take credit card / USD?

#5 Posted: 7/3/2008 - 22:16

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

I think they only take USD cash...

#6 Posted: 9/3/2008 - 15:23

• kristinholdo

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2007

they take USD cash only.
    You have to line up for the photo, its digital and they print the ticket with your photo on it.
    its quite fast. there are separate lines for tour groups, dont worry..

after 5 om you can go in for free if you purchase the ticket for the following day, and after 5.30 you can go in totally free..

be aware that they close early, and start telling people to leave around 6

#7 Posted: 9/3/2008 - 15:50

• Ashe88

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

Yep, USD cash only.
    We were in and out (including having photo taken) in under 5 mins.

#8 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 18:21

• erkero

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2008

I'm in Bangkok in November and I'm considering to fly to Phnom Penh and from there fly to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat.
    Could anybody tell me:
    1. How long time is needed in Siem Reap?
    2. It seems to much cheaper than flying Bangkok – Siem Reap and than I get the Phnom Penh experience on top. Any experience foing it that way
    3. If more than one day, how do you recommend to stay over night? (should I book in advance?)
    4. Any recommendation where to stay in Phnom Penh
    Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    Erkero
    Denmark

#9 Posted: 21/3/2008 - 02:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Angkor Wat 1 day pass question ... By felsontan on 2 Jan 2013 1 1875 29 Jan 2013
Angkor pass required for Banteay Srei / Beng Melea / Kbal Spean? ... By misterwoods on 17 Jun 2009 10 4710 4 Oct 2011