Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Interactive Cambodia weather map

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/3/2008 at 19:25 admin

Ok, I admit it, I've had a few days off, painted the house, thrown up the feet a bit, but now I'm back on deck!

I've just added in an interactive weather map for Cambodia (interactive in that you mouse over different areas for the weather in each region). It was a bit of a struggle to get accurate data for Cambodia (they've had bigger issues than measuring rainfall over the last decade or so) and on a couple of occasions I found myself going back to pre-global-warming 1954 data collected by the French to create the chart. So, please bear that in mind -- the map is a guide -- not a gospel!

That said, I'm on a bit of a roll now that I've taught myself Flash (the graphic software to make the map) and I'm putting together similar maps for Laos and Vietnam -- so if you've any suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers & I hope the Easter Bunny treated you well.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/3/2008 at 19:26 admin

Oh, and here's the link to the Cambodia weather map.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.