Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

had a good time in angkor wat........

• appleegg

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2008

......Aloha, I made a trip to Angkor wat a few weeks back and got a driver from the taxi queue at the siem reap airport. His name was chan thol and he was very kind and knowledgeable. he new a lot of good things to do at night and knew about all the temples in the area. he had a nice newer camry with an icy cold aircon. To be honest, he almost was too good of a negotiator when we went shopping , I felt I was paying too little sometimes…but I guess if I was the sellers wouldn’t sell right?

Anyways, he asked if I would mind sharing my experience on the web and passing on his contact info. I hope im not in violation of anything here. But if you would like one less thing to worry about when you arrive at Angkor wat or the Thai/Cambodia border, just give him a ring or an email. Here is his website and address-

http://taxiangkorwat.weebly.com/index.html tel - 855 (012) 894 394 mrchantaxi@hotmail.com

#1 Posted: 28/3/2008 - 05:30

• Advertisement

• mick110971

Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Appleegg.

I will be travelling to Siem Reap in the next couple of weeks and have spend a lot of time researching the overland trip from Bangkok to Siem Reap.It seems the taxi you are recommending is very expensive at $110 dollars(i emailed for a price)between the thai border and Siem Reap.Going rate is between $40 and $70. How much did he charge you?????

Cheers

#2 Posted: 30/3/2008 - 12:43

• dixonstreet

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2008

did this trip last week from bkk to siem reap taxi from the border,there where 3 of us cost $30 per car.they started at $50 dollars

#3 Posted: 7/6/2008 - 15:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.