Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

had a good time in angkor wat........

Posted by appleegg on 28/3/2008 at 05:30

......Aloha, I made a trip to Angkor wat a few weeks back and got a driver from the taxi queue at the siem reap airport. His name was chan thol and he was very kind and knowledgeable. he new a lot of good things to do at night and knew about all the temples in the area. he had a nice newer camry with an icy cold aircon. To be honest, he almost was too good of a negotiator when we went shopping , I felt I was paying too little sometimes…but I guess if I was the sellers wouldn’t sell right?

Anyways, he asked if I would mind sharing my experience on the web and passing on his contact info. I hope im not in violation of anything here. But if you would like one less thing to worry about when you arrive at Angkor wat or the Thai/Cambodia border, just give him a ring or an email. Here is his website and address-

http://taxiangkorwat.weebly.com/index.html tel - 855 (012) 894 394 mrchantaxi@hotmail.com

#1 appleegg has been a member since 28/3/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by mick110971 on 30/3/2008 at 12:43

Hi Appleegg.

I will be travelling to Siem Reap in the next couple of weeks and have spend a lot of time researching the overland trip from Bangkok to Siem Reap.It seems the taxi you are recommending is very expensive at $110 dollars(i emailed for a price)between the thai border and Siem Reap.Going rate is between $40 and $70. How much did he charge you?????

Cheers

#2 mick110971 has been a member since 2/8/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by dixonstreet on 7/6/2008 at 15:36

did this trip last week from bkk to siem reap taxi from the border,there where 3 of us cost $30 per car.they started at $50 dollars

#3 dixonstreet has been a member since 7/6/2008. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.