Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Tips for beaches around Vietnam/cambodia?

• bonsta

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2008

Hi,
    i`m on a whirlwindtrip thru se Asia and finally have 4 days to spare between Pnomh Penh and Ho Chi Minh next week. Anybody any suggestions for a nice pretty, peacefull beachresort that is not completely overtaken by the tourism industry? :) (i know, lot to ask)
    It can be in Vietnam or cambodia, as long as i can reach it from pnom penh or HCM in half a day or so...
    Thanks in advance!!

#1 Posted: 20/4/2008 - 09:46

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You can fly to Phu Quoc Island from Saigon -- it's got heands down the best beaches in the area. On the Cambodian side, Kep is good and relaxed but the beaches are kinda crappy. Sihanoukville has better beaches... All of those can be reached easily in a day (though you'll need to fly to PQ to do it in a day).

#2 Posted: 20/4/2008 - 12:49

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

Sihanoukville is good, some people put it down but I think it is a great beach with plenty to do. The prices are quite good there and the range of accommodation is large. The beaches are not up to Thai standard, but they are uncluttered and relaxed.

#3 Posted: 20/4/2008 - 16:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
4000 Islands, Beaches in Cambodia, or Beaches in Vietnam? ... By ekumbier on 26 Apr 2012 3 2958 11 May 2012
Best Beaches / Islands - Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By Jenniferious on 9 May 2009 1 17549 10 May 2009