Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

From Battambang to Thailand

• Tuli

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2008

Hola! We are planning to spend a couple of days in Battambang (following our visit to Angkor) and then go to Thailand. Is it easy to get from Battambang to Aranyaprathet, seems quite close right?
    thanks for your help!

Marta

#1 Posted: 20/4/2008 - 16:30

• Advertisement

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

Yeah, quite easy, you can take a taxi or a bus. It's about 125Km over good roads until Sisaphon then the road becomes crappier (although work was ongoing last time I went through, it may be sealed completely now). I can't tell you how long it takes in a bus as I have only cycled it.

#2 Posted: 20/4/2008 - 16:41

• creativeguy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 85

I did that trip in January this year. My hotel in Battambang arranged a shared taxi for $7 or $9 depending on rear or front seat. The taxi dropped me at the border, you clear customs, get a tuk-tuk on the other side and it will take you to the bus station. I took the bus to the Mo Chit station. The taxi ride was only a couple hours and the road was in better shape than in the past.

#3 Posted: 22/4/2008 - 06:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.