Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Best way to get from Angkor Wat to Ha Noi?

• caseyrebecca

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

My husband and I are planning a trip to Angkor Wat and then wanted our next stop to be in Hoi An - any ideas of the best way to get from A to B? I can't find any information online about buses travelling that route.
    Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 22/4/2008 - 10:36

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That is a long long long trip by bus -- overland at least two and a half days. You'd need to go to Phnom Penh first, then Ho Chi Minh City then north to Da Nang (which is the jumping off point for Hoi An ).

Depending on how much time you have you could fly either Siem Reap to Saigon then Saigon to Da Nang, or else Siem Reap to Bangkok then Bangkok to Da Nang. Overland I'd suggest bus to PP/Saigon then take the train north to Da Nang.

#2 Posted: 23/4/2008 - 08:22

• caseyrebecca

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

thanks so much! we are now planning to fly bangkok to siem reap, siem reap to phnom penh, a few days in phnom penh, then take a boat/bus to saigon, spend a few days in saigon, then take train up to da nang and then hoi an. much more relaxed trip!

#3 Posted: 26/4/2008 - 15:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.