Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Itinerary

• CJHorn85

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2008

Hey all,

I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well.

Since this is the Cambodia destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. My itinerary for Cambodia is very general, as I have limited time here. Right now its just 6 days in Phnom Penh, and 6 days in Siem Reap for Angkor.

I was wanting to go see Kratie, but in my time frame, I don't know if it will be worth it. I'm thinking maybe Kampot and that kind of area for a couple of days. Any ideas? I would like to see some rural Cambodia if I can as well, but I don't know if that is limited in the West.

Also, rough budget for this time if I try to live cheap?

Thanks people. I have posted up other itineraries for Vietnam (24 days), Thailand (20 days), Laos (11 days).

Cheers for the help

#1 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:12

• Advertisement

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

6 days is a lot for Angkor/Siem Reap. Unless you're really really really into the ruins, I'd shave two days off there and spend then in Kampot. You could also reduce your time in Phnom Penh and go to Kratie, but aside from the dolphions, there's not loads to see/do there.

#2 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:45

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

I agree that with 12 days you could see another place or too in Cambodia. Though I personally like Phnom Penh a lot, I think 3-4 days would be enough for most people in both SR and PP.

To see some countryside, you could spend a day or two in Battambang and take a moto tour of the surroundings. It's a very nice area. I like Kampot too though, and you could see the country there too by renting a scooter and driving around a bit.

Just out of curiosity, which country are you planning to go to first? I myself am planning to end up in Cambodia for all of July after seeing some of Malaysia and Indonesia. Can't wait to be back there!

#3 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 01:46

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

As for budget, it all depends on what you mean by "live cheap" :). But in any case, Cambodia can be a little more expensive than Thailand and esp. Laos - you should be okay with $25 per day or so.

#4 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 01:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.