Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Anyone go to Angkor Wat this weekend? June 14 08

• piw44

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2008

Hey I was wondering if anyone travel to Cambodia during June 14 -16, 08. I'd really love to see Angkor Wat but none of my friends are not free this weekend.

Please let me know if anyone is going there at this time. then can meet up and talk. I'm flying with Bangkok Airways at 11 am. but have not decided where to stay yet. It might be good, cos' I'm a bit scared to travel alone.

Well, hope to hear from you soon!

Panadda

#1 Posted: 9/6/2008 - 19:09

• Advertisement

• silverwool

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2007

Don't worry about traveling alone in Siem Reap. I have found it very safe and user friendly. While I am am male my wife and her sister travelled extensively in Cambodia last year with no hassles. (Both 50ish) Angkor and surrounding temples are great.

Personally I prefer to travel on my own as I don't have to please anyone else!

#2 Posted: 11/6/2008 - 14:46

• piw44

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2008

Finally I made a trip by myself and It was a great one. I like it a lot. The temples are amazing and there is nothing to worry at all.

I met a great driver and tour guide and I think It would be good to share with you all. He is polite, speak good English and honest. Below is contact info of him so If you are a girl who travel alone or you just think about finding a driver there, I recommend this guy.

Mr. Lay Ann

Cell Phone number : 855 12 634 034
    Home Phone number : 012 634 034

E-mail : lay_ann@hotmail.com

He charge 25$/day, normal price.

Alright, Thanks silverwool for the reply.

I had a wonderful time :)

Piw44

#3 Posted: 18/6/2008 - 09:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.