Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

itinerary help!!

• flash99

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2008

Hi all,

Have been reading up on these message boards for a while, and you all are a wealth of information, so I'm hoping you can help.

My husband and I have 2 weeks for Cambodia this August.
    We have the spots we'd like to hit: PP, Siem Reap, and Done of the *beach towns* (Sihanoukville, Kep, Kampot)

Also..time permitting, we are curious about Battabang and possibly Mondulkiri Province.

I'm trying to figure out the best route.
    We have option to fly in and out of PP...or into PP and out of Siem Reap, with just a tiny price increase.

The latter seems an obvious choice--though I thought it would be nice to do the relaxing, slow, beach time last.

With such short time, I want to make the most of the days. Is it a HUGE backtrack to go back through PP and onto the coast--or not that big of a deal?

Does this even make sense? :)

Any thoughts?

#1 Posted: 9/7/2008 - 06:54

• Advertisement

• figenways

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2008

if it was me,i would go pp to battambang to siem reap to pp than coast back to pp.i have spent time in all these places and how long you spend is up to u and your own interests.for us we did not care for pp very much and spent 2 days there,battambang is cool and worth 2 days.we than spent 2 days on the river stayed in a few floating villages bit of fishing and swimming,siem reap i would spend at least 4 days than onto the coast.you will spend one full day traveling from siem reap to the coast,but an easy trip.and cheap on the bus.personnally next time i will skip the beach,much better elsewhere and fairly average but up to you,my favorites where battambang,,river and siem reap..

#2 Posted: 9/7/2008 - 14:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Bear in mind August is wet season and the beaches will be, well, wet -- pretty wet indeed.

I think to try and do all that in two weeks is doable, but adding in Mondulkiri is probably too much as you've got the best part of a day to get there and back from Phnom Penh.

I agree with figenways re Battambang -- certainly worth checking it out.

can you do your flights opposite? ie fly into SR and out of PP? If so, then you could fly to SR then Battambang then PP to Sihanounville then Kampot/Kep then back to Phnom Penh for exit.

#3 Posted: 9/7/2008 - 14:45

• flash99

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2008

Thank you for your replies.
    For some reason, flying the opposite route increases the fare by..A LOT of $...and a lot of hours.

I realize it's going to be wet at the beaches. Hmmm. Does that make it not worth the trip South, you think? Still worth seeing Kampot and its surrounds, or no?

#4 Posted: 9/7/2008 - 21:58

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Well, you could have some good weather, but August is generally pretty miserable.

#5 Posted: 10/7/2008 - 10:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.