Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Quick boat trip from Siem Reap to HCMC?

Posted by gnw1976 on 25/8/2008 at 13:37

I want to find something that is relatively quick, not a tour. I have tried a few web searches and all I get a 5+ day tours.

Is there local ferry service or anything similar that serves the area?
Would I be better to get a bus to Phnom Penn and then boat from there?

Im flying a lot internally during my Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam trip and want something different.

thanks

#1 gnw1976 has been a member since 25/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/8/2008 at 13:44 admin

Not really.

There's a daily boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap which takes around six hours.

There's also daily boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc -- just over the border in Vietnam, which also takes around six hours.

No regular passenger boats from Ho Chi Minh City up the border.

Another option is a boat from Siem Reap to Battambang . It's far more scenic than the PP to SR trip, but it's a pretty rough and ready trip that can vary a lot depending on water levels etc.

Hope that helps.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Playground on 22/9/2008 at 19:15

Hi Somtam,
I am interest on daily boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap which takes around six hours.

Can you advice me where should I find boat service in Phnom Penh ? and how much per person :)

Vic

#3 Playground has been a member since 22/9/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by idreamofdurian on 22/9/2008 at 20:23 TF writer

You can buy boat tickets from any guesthouse in Phnomh Penh. If you know where you'll be staying I'd suggest emailing them and asking how much it costs to get the most current price.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.