Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Money in Cambodia

• Flo76

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2008

I heard most trading is done in US dollars in Cambodia. If this is so, what's best to take, US dollars or travelers cheques in US dollars?

#1 Posted: 6/9/2008 - 13:49

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

As ATMs are now widely available in the bigger towns, a combination of some cash and a suitable credit/debit card is the best in my opinion. The ATMs dispense dollars.

#2 Posted: 6/9/2008 - 15:07

• Layabout

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2008

US Dollars and credit card are all you need you will lose too much changing travellers cheques and as Lother has said there are ATM's around that dispense US$

#3 Posted: 19/9/2008 - 17:55

• wheeladvent-
    ure

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2008

in siem reap, there are plenty of atms, esp in the old market area. us dollars were the only things exchanged when i was in siem reap. i received cambodian reels only when the change was small (i believe under a dollar).

#4 Posted: 27/9/2008 - 00:55

• lovelygh

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

Definitely dollars, traveller cheques takes about 2% commission, but i think credit card costs even more...

#5 Posted: 27/9/2008 - 11:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.