Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Rach Gia to Phnom Penh

Posted by aussie_jase on 8/9/2008 at 16:09

Hi there,

Thanks in advance for any help with this one. My partner and I are keen to get a ferry from Pho Quoc to Rach Gia in early December, then continue on by bus to Ha Tien, Kampot, then up to Phnom Penh.
My questions are, is it likely that there will be regular boats from Pho Quoc at that time of the year?
What sort of time frames to get the bus on that route? Is the border crossing at Ha Tien operating?
Are we better to head up to Chau Doc and cross over into Cambodia from there? If so, what time frames are we looking at to do that?

Cheers,
Jason.

#1 aussie_jase has been a member since 21/8/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/9/2008 at 06:55 admin

Yes the boats will be running and yes, the border will be open. For details on the travel involved, see the following story which spells out travelling from KoChang to Phu Quoc via Cambodia's coastline.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.