Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

latest visa price at Had lek/Koh Kong

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Can anyone tell me what the price for $20/25 visa is currently at this border crossing. I heard the Cambodian immigration are getting greedier and expect 1400 baht! or has this problem been addressed and the correct price charged (do pigs fly?) I have to decide which border to cross in 2 weeks time. I'd prefer KK but am reluctant to support this scam.Thanks all.

#1 Posted: 11/9/2008 - 15:53

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

Well, officials at both the Had Lek and Poipet crossings have been overcharging wildly lately. At the Poipet crossing two months ago I had a long discussion (in Khmer) with the official but still had to pay 1000B in the end, even though the real prices are clearly displayed above the booth. At the Had Lek crossing people have been asked 1100, 1200 or even 1300B, but with a little negotiation the price has usually come down to 1000B. Still a pretty big scam though.

#2 Posted: 11/9/2008 - 18:00

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Easiest solution to the clowns on this border crossing is to get your visa beforehand in Bangkok.

#3 Posted: 12/9/2008 - 06:00

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

thanks, but I will not be stopping in Bangkok, straight through to the border overnight.
    The other possibility-e-visa looks like it is unsafe now.
    Anybody have any recent experience of e-visa?

#4 Posted: 12/9/2008 - 20:31

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

> Anybody have any recent experience of e-visa?
    I have got Cambodian e-visa one week ago.

#5 Posted: 20/10/2008 - 11:52

• BDV

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2008

the e-visa site seems to be up and down...applied last Sunday and visa was in my inbox first thing Monday morning.

Am traveling across on the 23rd.. Will see how it goes and post here.

#6 Posted: 21/1/2009 - 22:35

• Traveller20-

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

We applied for an e-visa 7days ago and and have heard nothing. We have sent emails to the dept of Foreign affairs from the evisa website and received nothing back. We called the number which is very very expensive from Thailand and could not get through except for one time when they asked us to hold and then came back after 3 minutes and hung up the phone.

The money was taken from the credit card the same day (23rd January) as the e-visa was applied for.

We have proceeded to pay for another visa today.

Do not do e-visa unless you want to spend about 2,500 baht to get your Cambodian tourist visa (twice).

we still check on the website and it says the application is still pending and so is the payment, even though they got our money 7 days ago when it came off the credit card, which we checked.

What a scam.

#7 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 10:22

• jamesspigne-
    si

Joined Travelfish
    18th August, 2008
    Total reviews: 25

THE VISA SCAM! Crossed the border at Had Lek knowing that the visa should have been $20 american dollars. Traveled with my thai girlfriend (who should have entered for free to any southeast asian crossing. The nasty looking commie b***h with glasses demanded 1500 baht each. When i kindly mentioned to her that i had no baht and mentioned the visas are $20 out of Bangkok, her reply was .You will now pay $30 dollars each! Having already stamped out of Thailand i could not refuse. Had i known of this situation and what i went through with the taxi thugs numbering about 20 outside the door. I would have never entered Cambodia. At this point after visiting the country for about ten days, i decided never to return. After nine years of solid travel in southeast asia, traveling to Thailand,Laos, Malaysia, and Burma, i just never felt at ease there. Always felt like i had to be looking behind my back.

#8 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 21:14

• BDV

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2008

No problems with the e-visa on the Poipet crossing, straight through.

It does help with all the visa scams as well, just tell them you have an e-visa and they leave you alone..

#9 Posted: 4/2/2009 - 09:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Latest visa info into Laos from DBP ... By Humusking on 7 Jun 2010 3 1791 26 Aug 2010