Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Accomodation Question...sorry

• ElectrO

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2008

Hello to everyone, I hope you can help me.

I am planning on visiting Siem Reap, Ankhor Wat and Phnom Penh but I want to make this trip as authentic as possible, that means to me that I want a guest house, run by a family or something similar and not a hotel chain or anything too hotel-like.

When visiting places, I really like to taste their way of living up to a point, but would prefer some luxuries such as Hot Water and maybe internet access (although internet is not crucial).

With all the experienced travellers out there, could someone recommend me a place to stay at each of them locations?

I thank you in advance

John

#1 Posted: 16/9/2008 - 12:50

• Advertisement

• Layabout

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2008

I stayed at Two Dragons G/H its run by a yank but as he says you'll get over it his name is Gordon Its a great place to stay and prices were reasonable.
    Its not authentic but its a start.

#2 Posted: 19/9/2008 - 17:52

• jgcanfield

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2008

In Siem Reap I'd recommend the "Golden Banana" guest house. Not too big, off the strip so it's quiet. Good rates with breakfast included. Very nice all Cambodian staff. I'm not sure about internet access but the rooms are nice and clean with ensuite bathroom with hot water.

#3 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 13:11

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi

We stayed at 2 Dragons too - and had a great time.

If you do stay there you must chat to the tuk tuk drivers outside ... well when i say chat, i mean get drunk with them whilst chatting... great fun!

#4 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 14:54

• lovelygh

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

Hello,
    I would say that an authentic trip to cambodia does not include hot shower, nor internet...
    Places runned by khmers families provides exactly the same as foreigner, except maybe some bed and breakfast.
    You will find the authenticity outside, in the streets, when meeting khmer people going out.
    Have a good trip here! People are always friendly and like to share their experiences!

#5 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 18:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.