Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Where is the best place to start from in Cambodia?

• charliekbro-
    oks

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2008

Especially if you want to meet people as I will be travelling on my own! I am looking for a chilled out beach trip!

#1 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 19:32

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Shinoukville is Cambodia's main beach town. It's bit across the border with Thailand east of Bangkok. It's a really easy-going town and some day trips into the jungle or Bokor park nearby are possible.

Once you are in Sihanoukville you can travel by bus to Phnomh Penh (via Kampot and Kep, if you like) and then on to Siam Reap. From Siam Reap you can travel on to Kratie or Battambang.

#2 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 20:15

• SteinOfOran-
    ge

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2007
    Location United States

Look. Otres Beach is the best beach in Sihaoukville. It is a must see. If you are going to Vietnam afterward, make sure u get your visa in Sihanoukville, it takes only ten minutes!

#3 Posted: 6/10/2008 - 20:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best place to start trip, around Sept 25th ... By JustinC474 on 27 Aug 2012 2 1436 28 Aug 2012