Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Where is the best place to start from in Cambodia?

Posted by charliekbrooks on 22/9/2008 at 19:32

Especially if you want to meet people as I will be travelling on my own! I am looking for a chilled out beach trip!

#1 charliekbrooks has been a member since 22/9/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by idreamofdurian on 22/9/2008 at 20:15 TF writer

Shinoukville is Cambodia's main beach town. It's bit across the border with Thailand east of Bangkok. It's a really easy-going town and some day trips into the jungle or Bokor park nearby are possible.

Once you are in Sihanoukville you can travel by bus to Phnomh Penh (via Kampot and Kep, if you like) and then on to Siam Reap. From Siam Reap you can travel on to Kratie or Battambang.

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by SteinOfOrange on 6/10/2008 at 20:45

Look. Otres Beach is the best beach in Sihaoukville. It is a must see. If you are going to Vietnam afterward, make sure u get your visa in Sihanoukville, it takes only ten minutes!

#3 SteinOfOrange has been a member since 14/3/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.