Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

One day in Phnom Penh and One day + in Siem Reap

• Playground

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2008

Hi all,
    I need some suggestion for best way to max my holiday in Cambodia. Any places I should cover or visit?

I will travel from HCMC to Phnom Penh (PP) on 30 Sept. By time I reach PP is already 4PM? I need something on that evening then the activities for 1 Oct.

same for Siem reap, I will reach siem reap in late afternoon. I got another day in Siem reap day after that.

Any suggestion is much welcome.

30 Sept 4PM Arrive PP
    2 Oct Morning depart to SR
    4 Oct Morning depart back to Malaysia

#1 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 19:46

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

PP - Tuol Sleng prison, Russian Market, dinner by the PP Riverfront

Siam Reap - Angkor of course, Khmer cultural dance show

#2 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 20:12

• jgcanfield

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2008

In Siem Reap I would rent a tuk-tuk or van to do the "small loop" which includes Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm. You'll want to leave your hotel no later than 5 AM to catch the sunrise. If possible try to get your ticket the night before, then you won't have to take the time in the AM. Tell the driver that you want to do Angkor Wat for the sunrise. As you round the bend to Angkor Wat (you'll see a small lake on your right), you'll be able to tell whether the sunrise will be visible or not. Sometimes you can't really see it at all because there are too many clouds. If you can't see any hint of the pink sunrise tell your driver to take you on to Angkor Thom instead. This way you'll have Angkor Thom relatively to yourself for the first hour while everyone else is at Angkor Wat. If it looks like you'll be able to see the sunrise though it's definitely worth stopping at Angkor Wat because it's AMAZING when you can see the sun coming up over the temples.

If you do Angkor Wat first then I'd go to Ta Prohm next, take a lunch break and then do Angkor Thom in the afternoon. Ta Prohm definitely gets more busy late in the morning and early afternoon so mid-morning seems to be the best time to go.

I'd plan on Angkor Wat for sunset whether you get to see the sunrise there or not. It's crowded but worth it. Even if the sunset is not visible because of cloud cover they set up lights inside and outside and it's really beautiful.

#3 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 13:06

• Playground

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2008

hi jgcanfield, thank you.
    btw, may I know where can we can the ticket night before in the city? Or should we go all way to the angkor entrance to get the ticket? or any travel agent should have the ticket?

Beside, any recommended van driver + guide in Siem reap for the Angkor trip?

#4 Posted: 25/9/2008 - 01:15

• pnx1207

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2008

hi. can someone advise me on what to do in Seam Riep from 10 in the morning until late at night. that's the only time i have in that place in November 3.
    what time can i leave the next day to Bangkok, how?
    thanks so much

#5 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 20:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 955 2 Mar 2014
How to get From Siem Reap - Phnom Penh ... By Aaron88 on 24 Aug 2011 15 35195 15 Jun 2012
DIY phnom Penh to Siem Reap ... By ckh on 19 Feb 2010 8 6636 19 Sep 2010
bus to siem reap from phnom penh ... By netstar on 3 Jan 2007 2 5733 5 Jan 2007
Phnom Penh to Siem Reap ... By anthony on 17 Nov 2006 4 6291 26 Dec 2006
Siem Reap to Phnom Penh ... By Pedrera on 15 Dec 2011 0 6866 15 Dec 2011
Flights Phnom Penh - Siem Reap ... By RandaN on 24 Jan 2007 2 3711 25 Jan 2007
Phnom Penh to Battambang then to Siem Reap... ... By meeshakar on 3 Feb 2012 2 3006 10 Feb 2012
Hostels in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh ... By jack2408 on 18 Feb 2010 2 4005 16 Sep 2010
Boat: Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and more ... By ajschneller on 19 Jan 2008 0 3896 19 Jan 2008