Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Backpacker Accomodation in Phnom Penh

• Playground

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2008

I trying to look for area where all backpacker joint is, looks to me it scattered everywhere in Pnomh Penh. Rather in HCMC - Pham Ngu Lao, Siem Reap - Old Market are. Any suggestion where should I stay during my trip to PP?

#1 Posted: 25/9/2008 - 02:34

• Advertisement

• lovelygh

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

Hello,
    actually, in PP, a lot of backpackers go to the Boeung Lake.
    You will find many guesthouses, restaurants, and all facilities for tourists there.
    The rooms and food are cheaper than siem reap, but most of the accomodation are ugly, well, were, because i went there 2 years ago, so maybe it changed.
    Anyway, this is the backpackers place in PP.
    Have a good trip.

#2 Posted: 25/9/2008 - 12:58

• mrparanoid

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2008

I guess lakeside and Boeung Lake is the same place.. I was there once to play some pool. It is infested to the brim with backpackers who want to travel to far away places only to stay with other backpackers and avoid locals and local culture..
    Hehe.. Sorry. That was a bit negative. It is actually a nice area with very cheap accommodation. I think you can get rooms as low as $5 a night. A lot of small cozy bars in the area as well. I got a little put off by all the people trying to sell you drugs there though. If you are looking for a cheap room in a "western-orientated" area this is the area to stay :)

#3 Posted: 21/10/2008 - 16:01

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Lakeside remains the main backpacker scene (for now), with the area around Narin Guesthouse being the second main area people stay.

#4 Posted: 22/10/2008 - 10:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Choice of accomodation in Phnom Penh ... By eklecticist on 11 Jul 2006 3 2456 12 Jul 2006
Lone Traveller+Accomodation Phnom Penh ... By seaeagle on 2 Oct 2008 6 2915 22 Oct 2008
Accomodation in Phnom Penh near the place where the boat for Siem Reap leaves??? ... By sprengja on 21 Nov 2007 2 2392 25 Nov 2007
Backpacker Accomodation In Sihanoukville, Koh Tao And Koh Phangan ... By hayden1988 on 12 Nov 2010 4 2646 4 Dec 2010
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 988 2 Mar 2014