Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Boat from PP to Chau Doc

Posted by krisim on 25/9/2008 at 14:56

Hi,
I would like to go by boat from PP to Chau Doc.
Anyone that knows what the boats are like? I've read that there are both slow and fast boats. I've been on the slow boat from Luang Prabang up north and also seen the horrible speedboats that go there. Are the boats between PP ang Chau Doc about the same as the ones going from Luang Prabang?
Where do I buy tickets? Do I need to book in advance? From where in PP do the boats leave?
Is it a beautiful trip?
Would be happy about any information about this.
Thanks!

#1 krisim has been a member since 20/7/2006. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/9/2008 at 07:26 admin

The speedboats are not like the speedboats in Laos, they're more a typical speed boat with bench seating at the rear -- it's a comfortable -- and very scenic -- ride.

Tickets can be purchased from the wharf in Phnom Penh -- no need to book well in advance, but if you've got time I'd suggest picking them up the day before just to be safe.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by krisim on 29/9/2008 at 20:50

Thanks for that information. Good to know that the speedboats are not like them in Laos!

#3 krisim has been a member since 20/7/2006. Posts: 36

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.