Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Boat from PP to Chau Doc

• krisim

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 8

Hi,
    I would like to go by boat from PP to Chau Doc.
    Anyone that knows what the boats are like? I've read that there are both slow and fast boats. I've been on the slow boat from Luang Prabang up north and also seen the horrible speedboats that go there. Are the boats between PP ang Chau Doc about the same as the ones going from Luang Prabang?
    Where do I buy tickets? Do I need to book in advance? From where in PP do the boats leave?
    Is it a beautiful trip?
    Would be happy about any information about this.
    Thanks!

#1 Posted: 25/9/2008 - 14:56

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The speedboats are not like the speedboats in Laos, they're more a typical speed boat with bench seating at the rear -- it's a comfortable -- and very scenic -- ride.

Tickets can be purchased from the wharf in Phnom Penh -- no need to book well in advance, but if you've got time I'd suggest picking them up the day before just to be safe.

#2 Posted: 28/9/2008 - 07:26

• krisim

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 8

Thanks for that information. Good to know that the speedboats are not like them in Laos!

#3 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 20:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Chau Doc to Phnom Penh by Boat ... By ron67 on 21 Dec 2007 8 24517 3 Nov 2012
If you are taking the speed boat to Chau Doc from PP... ... By mrdome on 4 May 2008 0 2264 4 May 2008
Boat from Chau Doc or Siem Reap ... By cuffedbloke on 30 Oct 2009 0 4652 30 Oct 2009
Slow boat from chau doc to PP border crossing ... By Amiecallie on 28 Sep 2012 0 1023 28 Sep 2012