Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

How to get from Siem Reap to Stung Treng then Laos

Posted by vickstar on 29/9/2008 at 17:18

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the best way to get from Siem Reap to 4000 islands in southern laos.I'm 26yo independent female travelling in December 08. I am hoping not to backpedal all the way to Phnom Penh from Siem Reap then on to stung treng but if this is way quicker than going direct to stung treng, then I may have too. Has anyone had any experience of travelling between these two destinations? From what I've read, the roads in Cambodia don't sound so great.

My ultimate destination is 4000 islands in Laos however the north-eastern part of Cambodia sounds really interesting, so I'm trying to squeeze it in. Otherwise, is there an alternative route from siem reap to 4000 islands through Thailand?

Many thanks,

Vickstar

#1 vickstar has been a member since 16/8/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by dealerkoma on 6/12/2009 at 19:50

Hi,

We (32yo male, 28yo female) are thinking on the same scenario. Since we arrive to Indochinese at Bangkok, it seems to be reasonable choice to get the Lao visa there.
See you there around 20 of December 2k9. :)

zoltan

#2 dealerkoma has been a member since 6/12/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by dealerkoma on 6/12/2009 at 19:52

One more that could be useful. The embassy of Laos at Bangkok:
http://www.bkklaoembassy.com

#3 dealerkoma has been a member since 6/12/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.