Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Motorcycling from Thailand to Cambodia

• krazyoldkeo-
    ni

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2008

Sawaddi Khrap Everybody, I live near Jomtien/Pattaya and I'm thinking of driving to Cambodia via Koh Kong on my small Honda Wave 125cc, Has anyone some info on border crossing with a motorbike (registered in my name in Thailand and therefore bearing Thai Plates)???

#1 Posted: 5/10/2008 - 22:39

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The GT Rider website has a good section on this -- you might want to give them a try if nobody pipes up with an answer here.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2008 - 14:32

• Nisseyaklom

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2007

Did the other way around on my Cambo reg Transalp, no problem at all.
    Have a friend in Korat who comes to Cambodia once or twice a year on his Thai reg MC, he crosses over at O'Smach due to it's near his home. Always without problem

#3 Posted: 9/10/2008 - 08:05

• krazyoldkeo-
    ni

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2008

Thanks Guys; The GT website is indeed very infomative, but now after checking it out, I am a bit confused: I'm not sure if my ownership booklet is sufficient (together with my passport of course) or if I also need that "authorisation to export" document they talk about???
    What about your friend from Korat how does he go about it?

#4 Posted: 9/10/2008 - 12:20

• krazyoldkeo-
    ni

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2008

Sorry I meant the ITP International Transport Permit or Vehicle Registration Certificate, and not the authorisation to export 'cause the bike is registered in my name and I have the small, thai ownership booklet with me

#5 Posted: 9/10/2008 - 12:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.