Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

BLONDE GIRLS NEED ADVICE FOR CAMBODIA :)

• thaiscaesar

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2008

We are travelling from Bangkok to Cambodia, is it best to get a train or a bus? and is it best to start at Ankor or go somewhere else 1st and travel from there??? any suggestions please :)

#1 Posted: 15/10/2008 - 18:12

• Advertisement

• thaiscaesar

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2008

That was a honest mistake, I meant Angkor....!!

thanks

#2 Posted: 15/10/2008 - 18:13

• Playground

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2008

Well.. you can travel South to Phnom Penh ^^
    If you would like to learn more Cambodia history and ex Khmer Rouge Dynasty, Phnom Penh is your destination.

I just back from Cambodia, if you intended to visit Phnom Penh , you may reach Mr Thai for the tours. He is good english speaker and really nice person! Highly recommended! Just say Mr.Victor introduce him to you and you may get some good deal. I paid USD18 for the whole day trip which whole every single penny, and I ended paying him additional USD3 for tips.

Best Phnom Penh Tour Guide Mr.Thai. Mr.Thai (+855)011722788

#3 Posted: 16/10/2008 - 08:30

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

#4 Posted: 16/10/2008 - 10:48

• lovelygh

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2008

hello,

You cannot take a train to angkor. Just take a bus from bangkok to siem reap ( 1 day journey), and then you can travel in battambang, wich has nice surroundings, phnom penh, Kampot, and sihanoukville if you go back to bangkok, by bus (another 1 day journey).
    Other choice, Go from bangkok to PP by air asia, it's cheap most of time.and then travel by bus.
    have a nice trip

#5 Posted: 21/10/2008 - 20:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Some advice for 3 girls that never backpacked before....please :-s ... By rstovold on 30 Nov 2010 7 3956 8 Mar 2011