Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

From Phnom Penh to Koh Kong

• ahxian

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2008

Hi. I'm traveling with 3 pals from Phnom Penh to Bangkok. To get to the border crossing, we plan to book a whole taxi from Phnom Penh. Would like to find out the cost and time needed for the trip to Koh Kong. Thanks.

#1 Posted: 19/10/2008 - 23:35

• Advertisement

• jacswart

Joined Travelfish
    8th April, 2008

I was forced back from the Thai border because my girlfriend (Chinese) couldn't get a Thai visa, despite officials in Thailand assuring us that she could. We had no accommodation in Koh Kong and had to travel back to Phnom Penh in the dead of night. We paid a hundred US for it. If you haggle you should get it for a lot cheaper. When in Koh Kong, avoid the "Koh Kong Guest House," Day time they have no water and we were treated very rudely by staff.

#2 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 09:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Between US$35 and $40 for share taxi (whole car) from Phnom Penh to Ko Kong.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2009 - 14:40

• mrparanoid

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2008

I do think the price has gone up a bit.. I just took a trip from Battambang to Phnom Penh and despite being 2 Khmers and ordering transport through one of their friends it cost $50. We tried 3 different people.. They would rather not go if they were offered less than $50.

It might be a bit more expensive than it used to be to Koh Kong too.

I also heard it was supposed to cost $30 from Siem Reap to Battambang. It cost $40.

#4 Posted: 5/3/2009 - 15:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1286 2 Mar 2014