Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Tranquility Guesthouse in Sihanoukville was amazing - the rest was horrid

• tlm44

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2008

I am not sure about others but what a different experience I had there. I loved loved loved everything I have done so far in Cambodia so figured days at the beach. Well on the way there my camera got stolen 0 my own fault but I did just eat a tarantula.... then upon arriving they would only take me to the GST guesthouse. Figuring I was a dumb tourist they tried to take me for a fortune for everything....

Plus no one had any real interest in a blonde girl... and I had something slipped in a drink - thank goodness I realized soon enough to get home alone.

Then I moved to Tranquility Guesthouse (www.tranquilityguesthouse.com)and life did change a bit. I was told the kids selling on the beach are offered school for free but are being encouraged to sell to encourage a life of prostitution plus a lot worse....

so other than a wonderful pub called Sessions - where I met a great friend who sells amazing tshirts - Ida - I am not sure I'd go again!

#1 Posted: 19/11/2008 - 10:57

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
tranquility guesthouse-serendipity beach ... By peppermintpaddy on 26 Oct 2008 2 2312 26 Oct 2008