Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Getting from Cambodia to Koh Phangan??!

Posted by RSJ09 on 13/1/2009 at 21:43

Hiya,We are planning to be in Cambodia for about a week before heading down to Koh Phangan for the full moon party...just wondering if anyone has any information about a good way to get there?!
I’m aware it’s a bit of a long journey but any info would be great!
Thanks loads! xxx

#1 RSJ09 has been a member since 13/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/1/2009 at 07:18 admin

See the SR to bangkok overland story. Once you're in bangkok you're looking at an overnight train or bus + ferry or a flight and ferry.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by yaamahaga on 14/1/2009 at 09:15

Coach to Bankgok then Coach / Ferry to Koh Phangan - by far the quickest wy to do it... though the night train from Bangkok is very comfy and air-conditioned - so you save a night on accommodation if you get the night train.

#3 yaamahaga has been a member since 13/1/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by Bottle on 14/1/2009 at 20:14

Fly to Bangkok take a flight to Samui and the Lompraya ferry to Koh Phangan or Lompraya bus and ferry from Bangkok or night train to Surratani and ferry from Donsak to KPN

#4 Bottle has been a member since 14/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by RSJ09 on 15/1/2009 at 23:33

Thanks loads, really helpful!
Just looks like its going to be a bit difficult getting to Bangkok...?! xx

#5 RSJ09 has been a member since 13/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by siamtravels on 18/1/2010 at 11:20

You should be able to get a minibus from almost anywhere in cambodia sstraight to bangkok. I got one from Sihanoukville all the way, was very easy if a little u ncomfortable and long. Also i think there is a boat you can take from Sihanoukville straight to Koh Phangan, but you would have to look into that as im not sure. If there is im sure it would be the quickest and easiest way to go.

#6 siamtravels has been a member since 18/1/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.