Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Flights from Cambodia to Vietnam

• deebokz

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2009

Hi,

I want to fly from Cambodia to HCMC. Is it better to fly from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap?

I read in my Lonely Planet book that Vietnam Airlines have the monopoly on the PP to HCMC route. Is this the case with SR also?

When I look on their website (www.vietnamairlines.com.vn) though, I can only find flight details for domestic flights. What am I missing?

Regards

#1 Posted: 21/1/2009 - 16:53

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That's really odd how their website is showing only domestic flights -- it's a new site, so perhaps they're still adding stuff in -- though I would have thought an international schedule would have been a fairly central part of their business!

Both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh airports have good websites that list the flights, so that would be another startign point to see who flies in and out.
    The sites are here:
    http://www.cambodia-airports.com/siemreap/en/
    http://www.cambodia-airports.com/phnompenh/en/

#2 Posted: 22/1/2009 - 07:13

• basejump

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2008

try expedia for the flights as the Vietnam Airlines site has only just started accepting online bookings and is starting off with its domeestic schedule; international flights due to be added anytime now but u can check the schedule - flights are reasonably cheap.

Silk Air fly from SR to Danang but flights can be expensive

Siem Reip Airlines may restart flying this route - worth keeping an eye on.

#3 Posted: 24/1/2009 - 19:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.