Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Flights from Cambodia to Vietnam

Posted by deebokz on 21/1/2009 at 16:53

Hi,

I want to fly from Cambodia to HCMC. Is it better to fly from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap?

I read in my Lonely Planet book that Vietnam Airlines have the monopoly on the PP to HCMC route. Is this the case with SR also?

When I look on their website (www.vietnamairlines.com.vn) though, I can only find flight details for domestic flights. What am I missing?

Regards

#1 deebokz has been a member since 5/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/1/2009 at 07:13 admin

That's really odd how their website is showing only domestic flights -- it's a new site, so perhaps they're still adding stuff in -- though I would have thought an international schedule would have been a fairly central part of their business!

Both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh airports have good websites that list the flights, so that would be another startign point to see who flies in and out.
The sites are here:
http://www.cambodia-airports.com/siemreap/en/
http://www.cambodia-airports.com/phnompenh/en/

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by basejump on 24/1/2009 at 19:49

try expedia for the flights as the Vietnam Airlines site has only just started accepting online bookings and is starting off with its domeestic schedule; international flights due to be added anytime now but u can check the schedule - flights are reasonably cheap.

Silk Air fly from SR to Danang but flights can be expensive

Siem Reip Airlines may restart flying this route - worth keeping an eye on.

#3 basejump has been a member since 14/11/2008. Posts: 30

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.