Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Don Det (Laos)

• kirsh

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

hey guys. Can anyone tell me the (relatively!) quickest way to travel from Siem Reap to Don Det in the Si Phan Don region of Laos? I'm not bothered about missing Kratie - would prefer to just make tracks to Laos. I figure we will probably have to get to Stung Treng somehow and then a boat or bus to the Laos border....any advice please?!

Thanks

#1 Posted: 4/3/2009 - 21:11

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

You'll need to first go south as far as Kompong Cham , since as far as I know there are no (proper) roads heading more straight to the east. So take a bus to Kompong Cham (or Phnom Penh if you want, but you don't need to go that far south) and then from there to Kratie or straight to Stung Treng. From Kratie or ST it's easiest to get organized minibus transport all the way across the border to Don Det. Most guesthouses can arrange this. It's doable in one day even from Kratie, no problem there. You'll need to have your Lao visa in advance.

#2 Posted: 5/3/2009 - 04:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.