Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

internet accessibility in Cambodia

• smilenbean

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2009

How hard is it to find places to get on the internet in Cambodia. I will need to check in with my family from time to time

#1 Posted: 15/5/2009 - 22:48

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

It's very easy in the bigger towns, and possible in many smaller ones too. All the most commonly visited towns have many places to access the Net.

#2 Posted: 16/5/2009 - 02:09

• smkuchta

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2007

Internet is everywhere in cambodia and we had wifi in many of our hotels however it is also painfully slow and very intermittent at least compared to Vietnam and Cambodia. It is fine for doing email but trying to Skype or upload photos to a website was not possible with the "free" connections we had.

We ended up buying a prepaid wireless card from "Online" that worked quite well (most of our hotels were in an "Online" hotspot. We needed the extra speed to be able to upload photos and such to our website.

#3 Posted: 16/5/2009 - 07:52

• amazon_blon-
    de

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2008
    Total reviews: 9

I concur with smkuchta. We had no problem finding internet at cafes or even wifi hotspots in the major places (Siem Reap, PP, Kampot, even Kep) but it's not fast nor 100% reliable. If you want to keep in touch by email, it's likely sufficient, but Skype isn't going to like it, nor will you be able to upload a lot of content to blogs, etc.

#4 Posted: 18/5/2009 - 23:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.