Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Do Some Good While In Cambodia!

• mike1700

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

Hello,
    My name is Michael and Im a teacher in New York City. I have been working with the wealthiest kids on the planet who have everything and all my life I have always wanted to experience working with kids who have nothing. I went to Cambodia and fell in love, came back to NYC and started my own charity. I went back again in March to do more research, teach, and help. There are so many good people helping these kids but still more needs to be done. Starting a charity is not easy either and its a work in progress. IM trying to raise money from all the wealth that surrounds me here. IM going back for the summer in 4 weeks. If you would like some advice on how to help, even if you only have a few hours it will be an incredible experience and complete your trip. The children will touch your heart and you will return home a changed person. Any persons I put you in contact with I personally know and have spent time with. That is the "key" to helping out. Like I said there are many good people doing great things but also many scams just like there are many scams where we come from in the western world. Please contact me thru this thread or via my website at www.TomorrowsKidz.org
    **This site is amazing and was very helpful in preparing me for my first trek over there.**
    Safe Travels!
    Michael

#1 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 11:14

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Michael

There's (sticky) similar post on this Cambodian Forum:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/cambodia/5445_paying----to-volunteer--usually-not-a-good-idea-

Did you try and 'engage' with Amanda at that link?

If not yet, it may be worth your while to get in touch with her.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 14:25

• mike1700

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

Hey,
    Yes we talked and met for dinner in PP, she is very nice and doing some great things over there. But she also ran into some complications which shows just how difficult and frustrating it can be sometimes.
    Regards
    mike

#3 Posted: 9/6/2009 - 21:32

• mike1700

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

Can you please tell me the reason why all the threads here were deleted?
    I thought this was a pretty nice conversation we had going??

#4 Posted: 17/6/2009 - 10:55

• mike1700

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2008

sorry, forget that last post, my bad!!

#5 Posted: 17/6/2009 - 10:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.