Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

cambodian quicky - itinerary help please

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

hi all

i'm looking into routing for a 6-week SE Asia trip through vietnam, cambodia and Laos. any advice and thoughts on the below would be much appreciated. mainly interested to hear thoughts on the first few days and then getting from Siem Reap to Don Det as fast as possible (happy to fly somewhere).

day 1 - cross into Cambodia from Vietnam via Prek Chak / Xa Xia crossing and find somewhere in the south to chill for three days (???) - with this, we want two nights in the Mekong delta - any recommendations for this would be appreciated too please
    day 2 - south??
    day 3 - south??
    day 4 - bus up to phnom Penh
    day 5 - Phnom Penh
    Day 6 - Siem Reap (probably will fly this one in the late PM/early evening)
    Day 7 - Siem Reap
    Day 8 - Siem Reap
    Day 9 - Siem Reap
    Day 10 - get to Don Det in Laos as quick as poss (???)

thanks in advance for any advice on this one :o) will be much appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 21/6/2009 - 12:26

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Smash

I answered your Vietnam 'post' with, forget one country.

Too far in too short a time. Result? a 6 week journey that at daytime is in a bus, and night time in a GH. Not good!!!

Cheers

#2 Posted: 22/6/2009 - 10:51

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You don't say when this trip is, but if it is in the next few months, skip Sihanoukville (as the weather will be poor). Will take you the best part of two days to get overland from Siem Reap to Laos I'm not sure if the flights are still running SR to Pakse, but if they are, I'd recommend flying that leg.

#3 Posted: 22/6/2009 - 12:03

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

Thanks again BruceMoon and somtam2000. i think we'll drop a day from the south and just have two nights maybe in Kep. can then add a night to phnom penh or into Laos. decided not overly fussed on Don Det.

#4 Posted: 22/6/2009 - 12:20

• smash

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009

Also, will be doing this trip over April/May. Working things out now as have had to lock in some flights and a China tour which I won.

#5 Posted: 22/6/2009 - 12:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.