Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodian visas

• satori_kicks

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009

Hi all,

Just wondering what the best plan of attack for getting a Cambodian visa is. Is it better to get an e-Visa, or wait until at the Cambodian border, and get it then.

My mate and I will be entering Cambodia from Vietnam in Setpember (coming up in a boat to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc).

Thanks,
    Ben.

#1 Posted: 29/6/2009 - 11:40

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

satori_kicks

You're probably going to have to hand over your passport to the boat people who will take it to get 'processed' at the border. They will charge a 'service fee'. Unlikely to get out of that.

So, if you want to pick up first, sobeit. Alternately, wait till you get to the border.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 29/6/2009 - 12:29

• thailand_as-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009
    Location Germany
    Total reviews: 2

hey ben, i went about 5 times to cambodia and to get a visa on the border is not a big think, but if you want to save a page of your passport i can recomend the evisa. its as well a bit cheaper. on the boarder you pay about 30usd and for the evisa about 20usd.
    have fun

#3 Posted: 9/7/2009 - 09:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Getting Cambodian Visas in Laos ... By banana8 on 11 Oct 2010 2 1155 23 Oct 2010