Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

How many times can I enter Cambodia on a 30 day tourist visa within a 6 month period?

Posted by annarose on 1/7/2009 at 13:52

Hello,

Tried searching for an answer to my question but couldn't find it...

I'm meeting up with a friend in Cambodia in August for a few weeks and then going to Thailand for a month or so before returning to Cambodia in October. I may then go to Laos and return back to Cambodia for a third time. Is there a limit on the number of times you can enter the country on a 30 day tourist visa within a 6 month period? Or a limit on the amount of time you can spend there within a 6 month period?

Any advice would be appreciated,
cheers.

#1 annarose has been a member since 1/7/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by BruceMoon on 1/7/2009 at 14:06

annarose

I understand that you can only enter ONCE[/i on a single 30 day visa.

You are correct when you say it's hard to determine whether you can get multiple visa entries over a 6 month period.

In answer to your conundrom, if you enter in August, and then want to enter again in October, I don't think there would be a problem. The only 'hassle' may be going to Laos and coming back.

On one site, I noted a suggestion to business operators to buy a multiple entry visa (called business), but I don't know if it would work for a tourist.

You don't say where you are located, but if there is a Cambodian embassy/consulate handy, ask them. Alternatively, try emailing the Cambodian Foriegn Affairs dept with your query at:

mfaicinfo@mfaic.gov.kh

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by annarose on 1/7/2009 at 14:15

BruceMoon, thanks a lot for your advice. I will contact the C.F.A dept and see what comes of that!

AR.

#3 annarose has been a member since 1/7/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 1/7/2009 at 18:43 admin

If you're talking about coming and going into Cambodia on a tourist visa it is no big deal -- the only problem is each one if a full page sticker in your passport.

So there's no need to contact MFA etc -- just get a Cambodian visa on arrival each time you enter (assuming they're available at the crossing you are planning on using).

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by annarose on 2/7/2009 at 10:00

Ok cool, thanks Somtam. AR.

#5 annarose has been a member since 1/7/2009. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.