Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cooking in Cambodia

• hippytrip

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2009

I am a Chef and am travelling through Cambodia for 4 weeks nth to south
    I want to cook I am not that keen on joining in on a regular cooking class but I will probably check out the Smokin Pot in Battambang
    I would like to cook on a few occasions while I am there
    Meet someone that can take me to the markets buy produce and perhaps take food home to a family or the likes and we can cook up a feast

It would be great if anyone knows of other cooking schools or can point me in the direction of someone that is into their food and would show me the ropes I dont mind paying a guide to do this

Thanks

Rohan

#1 Posted: 11/7/2009 - 06:11

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Rohan

May I suggest there's one option that you may have overlooked.

Some guest houses in the Travelfish 'accommodation' listings show that they are 'owned' &/or run by a Cambodian family.

If you choose to stay at these places, I dare say the owner's would be only too willing to engage with you to let you achieve your cooking desires. And, as most have some English knowledge, your questions regarding market buying would be addressed.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 11/7/2009 - 07:45

• muzza

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2009

Rohan
    I agree with Bruce. Although its been 4 years since my last visit to Cambodia I believe that staying as close to the ground as posible is the way to go and you should achieve all that you want and be able to impart some western food ideas to them.
    Muzza.

#3 Posted: 15/7/2009 - 17:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.