Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

confusion about the e-visa

Posted by buecax on 16/7/2009 at 00:18

on the visa page it says:
"EVisas are only valid for entry into Cambodia via the international airports at Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and via the land crossings at Ko Kong, Poipet and Bavet. You cannot use an eVisa to enter Cambodia at other crossings."

and on the border crossings page it says:
"To Laos, you only have one option, the Veun Kham/Dom Kralor crossing (but note your Laos visa on arrival is NOT available at this crossing). ... Cambodian visa on arrival is available at all these crossings and Cambodian eVisas are also accepted at these entry points."

so now i´m confused ;-)

can i cross the border from laos to cambodia with an e-visa or not?

#1 buecax has been a member since 15/7/2009. Posts: 44

Posted by BruceMoon on 16/7/2009 at 07:47

Alex

Elsewhere you indicated that you were seeking to travel from Laos to Cambodia.

While you have yet to indicate how you will enter Cambodia, I will assume here you are travelling overland from Laos to Cambodia.

If so, then the border crossing will be from Voen Kham in Laos to Dom Kralor in Cambodia.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by buecax on 16/7/2009 at 14:45

yes, bruce, my question is: can i use the e-visa at the crossing voen kham / dom kralor?

on the visa page it says "You cannot use an eVisa to enter Cambodia at other crossings." (that would mean NO)

and on the border crossings page: "Cambodian visa on arrival is available at all these crossings and Cambodian eVisas are also accepted at these entry points." (that would mean YES)

so, does anybody have definite information?

cheers
axel

#3 buecax has been a member since 15/7/2009. Posts: 44

Posted by BruceMoon on 16/7/2009 at 15:07

Axel

There are 'authorised' e visa outlets worldwide - and one in Germany here:

http://www.cambodiaevisa.com/authorised-e-visa-travel-agencies-worldwide/

Maybe give them a call.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.