Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

boat

Posted by hawaiianlungs on 20/7/2009 at 09:26

is there a boat from thailand to cambodia?

#1 hawaiianlungs has been a member since 20/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/7/2009 at 10:08 admin

No. Pleasure cruisers may occasionally dock at Sihanoukville, but I'm assuming you're not asking after those.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by hawaiianlungs on 20/7/2009 at 11:06

Thanks. I went from China to Thailand on the Mekong. I want to do the same thing from Thailand to Phom Phenh.

#3 hawaiianlungs has been a member since 20/7/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by BruceMoon on 20/7/2009 at 13:30

hawaiianlungs

I have asked questions about the Thailand - China boat, maybe you can give me advice. Go here:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/visabordercrossings/6390_thailand-to-yunnan--china--border-crossing---anyone-with-experience-

- - -

I know the boats from China can only go down the mekong to about Chiang Sien. After that, there are too many big rocks in the river.

As far as I know, you can't get from Thailand to Cambodia on a boat. There is a small boat that takes passengers from Chiang Khong in Thailand to Luang Prabang in Laos. There are also small boats travelling part of the Mekong in southern Laos. But there is no boat connection between Luang Prabang and southern Laos.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#4 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.