Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

boat

• hawaiianlun-
    gs

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

is there a boat from thailand to cambodia?

#1 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 09:26

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No. Pleasure cruisers may occasionally dock at Sihanoukville, but I'm assuming you're not asking after those.

#2 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 10:08

• hawaiianlun-
    gs

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2009

Thanks. I went from China to Thailand on the Mekong. I want to do the same thing from Thailand to Phom Phenh.

#3 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 11:06

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

hawaiianlungs

I have asked questions about the Thailand - China boat, maybe you can give me advice. Go here:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/visabordercrossings/6390_thailand-to-yunnan--china--border-crossing---anyone-with-experience-

- - -

I know the boats from China can only go down the mekong to about Chiang Sien. After that, there are too many big rocks in the river.

As far as I know, you can't get from Thailand to Cambodia on a boat. There is a small boat that takes passengers from Chiang Khong in Thailand to Luang Prabang in Laos. There are also small boats travelling part of the Mekong in southern Laos. But there is no boat connection between Luang Prabang and southern Laos.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 20/7/2009 - 13:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.