Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia to Thai Islands

Posted by CosmicStar on 13/8/2009 at 14:48

What is the best way to get from Sienreip to Koh Sami? We really want to go to Koh Tao. Thanks in advance for your speedy replies.

#1 CosmicStar has been a member since 12/4/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by taiaroa62 on 13/8/2009 at 16:36

This depends on your budget of course because you can fly to Bangkok and then on to Koh Samui. On the Cambodian side, Siem Reap to Poipet, you can get a taxi or bus. There were 4 of us sharing the taxi and it cost $10.00 each. There's buses trains and taxi's that runs from Aranyapratet on the Thai side. The train is a third class to Bangkok, slow but worth it I believe. We actually travelled on a day the trains were on strike. We got a taxi which ended up costing us 250baht each from Bangkok - the bus was going to cost us 200baht each. From Bangkok to Surat Thani you can bus or train. There's an overnight train that leaves about 6pm and arrives in Surat thani at 6am. We more recently crossed to Koh Tao from Champhon which is closer to Bangkok. There was a direct ferry at 7am.

#2 taiaroa62 has been a member since 13/8/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by asiabiker on 13/8/2009 at 17:56

there are a cple of stories on the site about this.
From Angkor to Bangkok, read this: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/71
and then from bangkok to Koh Samui read this: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/57

for the first one though, I've read the road is better now, so you should eb able to do it quicker.

#3 asiabiker has been a member since 10/8/2009. Posts: 10

Posted by asiabiker on 13/8/2009 at 17:57

Hmm, those links didn't work.

and is there a way to fix my typo in the above? Thanks

#4 asiabiker has been a member since 10/8/2009. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.