Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

traveling by bus in cambodia

• sinstone

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

is it safe to book a bus with my GHes? any scams exist here? any companies preferred over others?

signed, a guy who got robbed in thailand

#1 Posted: 16/8/2009 - 20:54

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

sinstone

Depending on where you start/finish, in most cases its cheaper to book through the actual bus provider.

While most GH's offer the service to profit, and the convenience is helpful, if there is a fear over being 'robbed', then satisfaction will accrue by taking responsibility for one's own destiney.

As for 'good' companies, again, depends on where you plan to travel. Try looking up the departuyre/destination and the term 'bus' in the Search Travelfish box above.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 07:39

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Never had any trouble getting tickets with a guesthouse.Usually they are the same price as you'd pay if you went to the bus station to purchase yourself. Also,if you buy from GH you normally get a complimentary lift to the bus station from the GH savings you a tuk-tuk fare.
    My personal no no for buses in Camb is Soriya -they frequently break down because they've never heard of engine maintenance.The one exception is their bus from PP to HCMC which is new.

#3 Posted: 20/8/2009 - 15:53

• BDV

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2008

In my experience tickets sold by guesthouses are normally the same as buying directly from the bus companies.

Have had one time where the ticket from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh (GST) was cheaper from the guesthouse than from the bus terminal.

Plus as sayadian says you get free transport to the bus station.

We all seems to have different experiences lol....never had a problem with Soriya and is my preferred choice. Perhaps just been lucky:)

#4 Posted: 24/8/2009 - 15:36

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

BDV, Believe me you've just been lucky ;)
    Soriya are the pits! Still I hope you never have a breakdown with them.
    Good luck.

#5 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 16:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.