Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

ATM's

Posted by SteinOfOrange on 18/8/2009 at 11:40

People avoid ANZ atms at all costs! $4 for using your overseas card is criminal. SBC and Canadia Bank are FREE!! There is a Canadia ATM in Hotel Castle on the riverfront, and an SBC ATM near the FCC Resteraunt.

#1 SteinOfOrange has been a member since 14/3/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 24

Posted by BruceMoon on 18/8/2009 at 13:39

SteinOfOrange

Your advice suggests a great alternative to the horrendous ATM 'use fee' by ANZ.

I'm a little concerned though. As has been shown elsewhere in SE Asia, I can't see other banks opting not to impose the fee. My concern is that while ANZ signals the fee 'upfront', the others may still impose but just not tell you.

When you have time, can you check the details on your own bank account and advise back here if you've been stung, or whether what sounds too good to be true, is in fact, good.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by SteinOfOrange on 18/8/2009 at 15:16

yes I have been here two years, and it seems Canadia is still free, as is my bank back home in the USA. If you ahve a bank that hits you for $2 and then ANZ nabs $4 from you, it hurts = )

#3 SteinOfOrange has been a member since 14/3/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 24

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.