Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

ATM's

• SteinOfOran-
    ge

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2007
    Location United States

People avoid ANZ atms at all costs! $4 for using your overseas card is criminal. SBC and Canadia Bank are FREE!! There is a Canadia ATM in Hotel Castle on the riverfront, and an SBC ATM near the FCC Resteraunt.

#1 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 11:40

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

SteinOfOrange

Your advice suggests a great alternative to the horrendous ATM 'use fee' by ANZ.

I'm a little concerned though. As has been shown elsewhere in SE Asia, I can't see other banks opting not to impose the fee. My concern is that while ANZ signals the fee 'upfront', the others may still impose but just not tell you.

When you have time, can you check the details on your own bank account and advise back here if you've been stung, or whether what sounds too good to be true, is in fact, good.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 13:39

• SteinOfOran-
    ge

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2007
    Location United States

yes I have been here two years, and it seems Canadia is still free, as is my bank back home in the USA. If you ahve a bank that hits you for $2 and then ANZ nabs $4 from you, it hurts = )

#3 Posted: 18/8/2009 - 15:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.