Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

And another trip itinerary for review...

• Lawoat

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

Hi All,

After spending some time on the forum and winning a Travelfish T-Shirt which I will wear with pride, you can find my itinerary below.

11/nov Brussel - Bangkok
    12/nov Bangkok - Saigon
    13/nov Saigon
    14/nov Saigon
    15/nov Saigon - Cai Be - Vinh Long - Can Tho
    16/nov Can Tho - Cai Rang - Long Xuyen - Chau Doc
    17/nov Chau Doc - Phnom Penh
    18/nov Phnom Penh
    19/nov Phnom Penh
    20/nov Pnom Penh - Sihanoukville
    21/nov Sihanoukville/Kep
    22/nov Sihanoukville/Kep
    23/nov Sihanoukville - Phnom Penh
    24/nov Pnom Penh - Kompong Cham
    25/nov Kompong Cham - Siem reap
    26/nov Siem Reap
    27/nov Siem Reap
    28/nov Siem Reap
    29/nov Siem Reap - Bangkok
    30/nov Bangkok
    1/dec Bangkok
    2/dec Bangkok
    3/dec Bangkok - Brussel

My Questions

1. We will arrive in Bangkok very early in the morning (say around 8am). Connecting flight to Saigon doesn't leave untill 4pm... I assume we need to enter Thailand, get the visa, reclaim luggage and then wait around the airport?

2. From Saigon to Phnom Penh we will book a tour with SinhCafe...Does anyone have experience with this tour? Do you need to book in advance or can you just do it there 1 day in advance?

3. In Bangkok we want to do the Bike Tour in the countryside from www.spiceroads.com - feedback would be appreciated

4. The days we have planned in Sihanoukville/Kep can be subject to change. We have planned it like this to make sure we have a rest period in the middle of all the big cities, however things can change as you go along ;-)

Thanks for any feedback and greetings

Lawoat

#1 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 14:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

1. We will arrive in Bangkok very early in the morning (say around 8am). Connecting flight to Saigon doesn't leave untill 4pm... I assume we need to enter Thailand, get the visa, reclaim luggage and then wait around the airport?

I'm not sure if you will have to clear customs -- check with your airlines, but if you do, you'll get 30-days visa on arrival. With six hours I would definitely head into town -- six hours would totally do my head in at the new airport. Have you been to Thailand before? If not, and you wanted to do some quick sightseeing, I'd suggest Jim Thompson's House for starters.

2. From Saigon to Phnom Penh we will book a tour with SinhCafe...Does anyone have experience with this tour? Do you need to book in advance or can you just do it there 1 day in advance?

When I read your itinerary, I assumed you were doing it DIY -- really no need to do a tour. Would recommend overnight in Vinh Long (homestay) and overnight in Can Tho (so you can see the floating markets the following morning), then to Chau Doc and catch the speedboat following morning to PP.

3. In Bangkok we want to do the Bike Tour in the countryside from www.spiceroads.com - feedback would be appreciated

Can't help you on that provider, there is a cycling in Bkk story here though -- we loved it: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/47

4. The days we have planned in Sihanoukville/ Kep can be subject to change. We have planned it like this to make sure we have a rest period in the middle of all the big cities, however things can change as you go along ;-)

My personal pref is Kep and Kampot over Sihanoukville, but Sanookyville does have FAR better beaches ... there's also guesthouses on some other islands now (unfortunately not on TF yet) google "Lazy Beach Cambodia" to see one that I continue to get RAVE reports about.

Send us a pic with that Tshirt in action!

Cheers

#2 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 14:30

• Lawoat

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

We might go in to town quickly and see, on the other hand I have taken around 200 flight the last 2 years for work, so I know what life is on an airport and in all fairness all you need is a good book ;-)

We did look in to doing the Mekong Delta excursion ourselves, but its our first time in SEA, so we choose the easy way out... I have done a lot of backpacking in the past but always in countries where I could make myself understandable (USA east-coast, USA-west coast, CUBA, New Zealans, Europe,...). I have this feeling that in the bigger cities I can use my English and French, but haven't got a clue what it is like in the more rural areas...

Just checked out http://www.lazybeachcambodia.com/ and I must admit it looks very nice...Thanks for the tip! Just wondering if its not too laid back ;-)

#3 Posted: 25/8/2009 - 15:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
6 weeks SE asia - review trip itinerary please :o) ... By leones707 on 11 May 2010 0 2222 11 May 2010
Laos trip itinerary. Please review and advice if needed ... By v_sokolov on 27 Dec 2008 1 3280 29 Dec 2008